Saturday, January 16, 2010

Please allow myself to...introduce myself

Why blog is what I have continued to ask myself over the last couple of weeks since I began creating my profile. I'm no writer! But I feel as though at times I have something to say. So I've decided that this Saturday morning is the day I will attempt to write because hey...I've got nothing to lose. I've always heard that writing a journal is great therapy, so here I go. Welcome to my journal...

If you read my profile you will get a sense of who I am. I believe what I wrote is somewhat true, but, at the same time, I'm just being funny because that's what I like to do. I can be extemely goofy and my wife loves it...at least that's what she tells me.

Ok, so to move forward with a little about myself. I've had a good life! The only parts that have not been good is because I screwed up! Some say you have to screw up to learn. I believe that to a certain extent, but sometimes I wish I could go back in time to change some of those screw ups. At times you do wonder, what went wrong? Was it the fact that my parents divorced when I was a mere 1, resulting in me having to take the Greyhound bus back and forth from central Alabama to south Alabama. Was it that both of my parents got remarried and it was strange to me because I didn't really understand. Was it the fact that my father drank a lot. Maybe it was just the shear peer pressure I faced because I wanted to fit in and my mom let me roam. Maybe a combination of all things, but I don't blame anyone. My parents were and are great. They've always immensely cared about me and loved me. My dad quit drinking over 15 years ago and we are now great friends. He did it for my brother and I, but most importantly for himself. For that Dad I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you.

My life has changed so much since my younger years. Relationships have been the key to this change: my wife and Jesus. I believe that both saved my life from hell. My wife...kind, gentle, loving, caring, forgiving and beautiful! Jesus...the same! I thank God for my relationships with her in the flesh and Him in the flesh! Now baby Tyler on the way...my life will be complete. Baby Tyler will get his own blog in the near future so stay tuned. What a great story I have about him. Be real everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment